Here is the March 23, 2020 (Monday) edition of GMA News, 24 Oras.
Note: Live streaming will start at 5:00 PM (PHI time). Reload the page on that said time to watch the video.
Here is the latest news featured in tonight’s episode.
- State of National Emergency: A proposal for the declaration of national emergency will be discussed in a special session in the congress.
- A proposal to grant special power to take over private establishment. “standby power” according to Sec. Medialdea.
- Bantay COVID-19: Asymptomatic politicians who undergo COVID-19 tests bashed on social media.
- COVID-19 Testing center in Marikina will undergo an assessment by the DOH before using it.
- The fourteen positive COVID-19 patients in Quezon City stay at home.
- Seven COVID-19 positive patients will be transferred to a hotel quarantine facility in Quezon City.
- 100 isolation tents will be placed in Quezon Memorial Circle.
- Luzon Lockdown: First case of COVID-19 in Biñan City recorded after implementing of total lockdown.
- Some residents went fishing for consumption amid COVID-19.
- Farmers in Bulacan having difficulty selling rice.
- Some residents who lost their jobs ask for financial help from their relatives.
- 15-meter social distancing in the Pasig market was observed by the residents.
- Local Government Unit in Pasig distributed food and medicine.
- Luzon lockdown: Brgy. Greenhills and West Crame strictly implementing rules after recorded more cases of positive COVID-19 patients in San Juan.
- LGU of San Juan has sufficient funds for food but having difficulty in purchasing.
- Some LGU has given quarantine pass for the residents to buy food and medicine.
- Frontliners risk their lives amid COVID-19.
- Chika Minute: Kapuso stars give appreciation at the frontline who serves the community amid coronavirus.
- 500 houses caught on fire in Sitio Wawa Bacoor Cavite.
- Bacoor CSWCD, families of fire victims will be housed in 26 different schools.
- First Pilipino to be positive for coronavirus survived and recovering at home
- Atty. Navarro shared his touching story to serve as a lesson to others.
- Operation Bayanihan COVID-19. Launching of GMA Network for health workers and other essential needs.
- Price increase in basic necessities like rice despite price freeze.
- COVID-19 patient infected 20 staff members of the Philippine Heart Center after not declaring he traveled from China.
- Frontliners continue in serving amid COVID-19.
- Doctors need of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Epekto ng Quarantine: Lesser pollution after implementing the enhanced community quarantine.
- Chika Minute: Aldine Richards “Frontliners are close to my heart” as his brother works as a frontline in the US.
The news program is hosted by Mike Enriquez, Mel Tiangco, and Vicky Morales. 24 Oras is one of the well-known TV programs in the Philippines in the evening.
The show has a tagline: “Walang Kinikilingan, Walang Pinoprotektahan, Serbisyong totoo lamang.”
24 Oras is the networks’ flagship for its news program.
The first time 24 Oras broadcasted in the country’s airwaves back on March 15, 2014, after it took over the Frontpage: Ulat ni Mel Tiangco time slot.
The said program is GMA’s flagship for its network news program.