Here is the February 24, 2020 (Monday) edition of GMA News, 24 Oras.
Note: Live streaming will start at 6:30 PM (PHI time). Reload the page on that said time to watch the video.
- Some major hospitals in Metro Manila will no longer admit COVID-19 patients after reaching the capacity.
- DOH distributed 56,000 N95 masks and 59,000 surgical masks to the hospitals.
- Medical Heart Center staff stay strong amid the COVID-19 crisis.
- A proposal for the President to grant a special power in realigning the national budget amid COVID-19, approved by the senate.
- Bayanihan to heal as one bill, One million death benefit for health workers who succumb to COVID-19.
- Local Government Unit will face charges if violated rules and regulations.
- Baesa crematorium is intended for patients who died of COVID-19.
- 24-hour liquor ban will be implemented in Brgy. Matandang Balara.
- Local Government Unit in Marikina gave food assistance for the PUV drivers who lost their job.
- Launching for mobile palengke in Pasig to avoid hoarding.
- Relief operation: Residents who are outside their homes are not entitled to food assistance according to San Juan LGU.
- House to house distribution of relief packs in Mandaluyong.
- 30,000 residents in Manila were given already relief goods.
- Possible suspension of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ej Obiena a pole vaulter shared his story while in Italy amid COVID-19.
- Rocco Nacino celebrated his 33rd birthday by visiting military frontliners at the checkpoint area.
- The new COVID-19 case was recorded in Malolos Bulacan.
- Odd-even coding of quarantine pass in Marilao.
- Relief packs for less fortunate families prepared by the Laguna Provincial Government.
- 750 UPLB students were sent home using the military trucks in Manila and other provinces.
- Senior Military official and his wife tested positive for COVID-19.
- Luzon Lockdown: Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear unit (CBRN) activated to combat COVID-19.
- Preparation of food relief in Caloocan.
- Mayor Malapitan, 200 Million calamity fund may not sufficient if the problem continues.
- Store owners agreed on price freeze.
- Price increase in fish due to transportation problems,
- Philippine Airlines suspend all international flights from March 26 to April 14, 2020.
- WHO, the rapid increase of COVID-19 cases in the world.
- 46,000 cases of COVID-19 in the US.
- Lockdown in France to extend in several weeks.
- PM Johnson: Coronavirus biggest treat in a decade.
- Medicine for hypertension, Malaria and HIV possible cure against COVID-19.
- Father and son arrested for selling fake medicine for COVID-19.
- Chinese national arrested for unauthorized manufacturing of alcohol.
- Makati Medical Center temporarily close for COVID-19 patients due to full capacity.
- Other fire victims stay at the evacuation center.
- CSWD assures the implementation of social distancing in 23 evacuation centers.
- Secret operation of cockfighting caught.
- Kapuso Stars convinced patients to be true to their information to the health workers.
The news program is hosted by Mike Enriquez, Mel Tiangco, and Vicky Morales. 24 Oras is one of the well-known TV programs in the Philippines in the evening.
The show has a tagline: “Walang Kinikilingan, Walang Pinoprotektahan, Serbisyong totoo lamang.”
24 Oras is the networks’ flagship for its news program.
The first time 24 Oras broadcasted in the country’s airwaves back on March 15, 2014, after it took over the Frontpage: Ulat ni Mel Tiangco time slot.
The said program is GMA’s flagship for its network news program.