Here is April 21, 2020 (Tuesday) edition of GMA News, 24 Oras.
Note: Live streaming will start at 6:30 PM (PHI time). Reload the page on that said time to watch the video.
Here is the latest news featured in tonight’s episode.
- More soldiers deployed to help the implementation of ECQ.
- PNP Special Action Force, deployed in some areas in Metro Manila.
- Implementation of Hard Lockdown in Sampaloc to start at 8 pm on Thursday to 8 pm Saturday.
- Targeted Mass Testing to implement while on Hard Lockdown.
- Checkpoints in 200 Barangays in Sampaloc to closely guarded by the military and policemen.
- Cancellation of quarantine passes for Sampalok residents while implementing ECQ.
- 60 persons arrested for violation of not wearing a face mask/no quarantine pass.
- 94 barangays in Quezon City declared total lockdown.
- 40 soldiers deployed in barangay’s of Pasay while on total lockdown.
- 2 arrested for selling fake quarantine pass.
- Giving of financial assistance for the poorest of the poor in Caloocan.
- President Duterte’s decision on lifting/extend ECQ will be announced on Thursday, April 23.
- Health experts recommend President Duterte in extending lockdown on areas with more COVID cases.
- Limited COVID-19 testing operation of RITM after 43 employees positive for coronavirus.
- 19 detainees and 1 jail staff in the Correctional Institute for Women positive for coronavirus.
- The first positive case in correctional was refused by two hospitals before admitted to a health facility.
- Michael V. was one of the artists who sing a song for front liners.
- Inspection for Mega Quarantine Facility in Phil. Sports Arena.
- Online Zumba to stay fit for Carmona residents while home quarantine.
- Some resorts in Pansol converted into quarantine facilities by the Calamba City LGU.
- DPWH, a continuation of repair and reblocking in several parts of EDSA C-5 road and Roxas Blvd.
- Stranded workers: Almost 400 workers stranded in UP Diliman.
- Drive-thru emergency vaccines by Dr. Andrew B. Vicencio, a Pediatrician to his patients.
- Mass testing in Mandaluyong to start tomorrow with the help of the Philippine Red Cross Molecular Laboratory.
- 28 HRM students from Nueva Ecija stranded in Boracay during ECQ.
- A possible opening of the next school year will be move-in August.
- New Learning System prepared by the DEP ED for the next school year.
- Tom Rodriquez worried about his family in the US especially for his sister who works as a frontliner.
- Wish granted for a girl who wants to kiss her frontliner dad during her birthday.
The news program is hosted by Mike Enriquez, Mel Tiangco, and Vicky Morales. 24 Oras is one of the well-known TV programs in the Philippines in the evening.
The show has a tagline: “Walang Kinikilingan, Walang Pinoprotektahan, Serbisyong totoo lamang.”
24 Oras is the networks’ flagship for its news program.
The first time 24 Oras broadcasted in the country’s airwaves back on March 15, 2014, after it took over the Frontpage: Ulat ni Mel Tiangco time slot.
The said program is GMA’s flagship for its network news program.