Here is the April 16, 2020 (Thursday) edition of GMA News, 24 Oras.
Note: Live streaming will start at 6:30 PM (PHI time). Reload the page on that said time to watch the video.
Here is the latest news featured in tonight’s episode.
- 14-Senators sign a petition for DOH Sec. Francisco Duque’s resignation.
- Senators vs Duque: “I will continue to serve the country to the best of my abilities…We will answer these allegations in due time, but right now, we will continue to be in the trenches with our health care workers and frontliners,”
- Asymptomatic patients to undergo the test in Manila City Health Department.
- 52-COVID cases determined after mass testing started in Valenzuela.
- ECQ Violators in Brgy. San Isidro Paranaque will be penalized by attending vigil before an empty white coffin.
- Total lockdown in Batasan Hills Quezon City where the most number of COVID cases recorded.
- The robot will be used in processing for COVID test in Marikina.
- Sec. Roque: Considered Total lockdown if COVID-19 cases continue to rise.
- Chika-Minute: Bonding time for the family of Christian Bautista and Julie Ann San Jose amid Extended Enhanced Community Quarantine.
- Fire victims stay on the streets amid COVID-19.
- WHO, fears of measles outbreaks while COVID-19 pandemic.
- Cockfighting during lockdown caught.
- A recommendation for elderly and sick prisoners to released early amid COVID-19.
- An appeal from garbage collectors for their protection amid COVID-19.
- PPE and Face mask distributed for garbage collectors in Maasin City.
- Street sweeper in Baguio positive for COVID-19.
- DENR released a memorandum requiring a garbage collector to wear PPE.
- Jinggoy Estrada denied allegations over a rolling store organized by a daughter, Janella.
- Philhealth, limited bill coverage for COVID patients started on April 15.
- The pizza delivery boy collects his tips to buy bread for the needy.
- Superman and Batman in disguise distribute food for the needy.
- Honeybee farm distributed its products for frontlines to boost the immune system.
- Olongapo Mayor Paulino and Antique Gov. Cadiao received a Show Cause Order from DILG.
- President Duterte visitors required to undergo the Rapid COVID Test.
The news program is hosted by Mike Enriquez, Mel Tiangco, and Vicky Morales. 24 Oras is one of the well-known TV programs in the Philippines in the evening.
The show has a tagline: “Walang Kinikilingan, Walang Pinoprotektahan, Serbisyong totoo lamang.”
24 Oras is the networks’ flagship for its news program.
The first time 24 Oras broadcasted in the country’s airwaves back on March 15, 2014, after it took over the Frontpage: Ulat ni Mel Tiangco time slot.
The said program is GMA’s flagship for its network news program.