Here is the May 7, 2020 (Thursday) edition of ABS-CBN News, TV Patrol.
Here are some of the latest news featured in tonight’s episode.
- ABS-CBN appealed to Supreme Court to stop the Cease and Desist Order issued by NTC to stop the broadcast of DZMM and ABS-CBN.
- NTC released order can’t be revoked according to NTC Commissioner Cabrios.
- The distribution of SAP cash assistance got extended until May 10.
- Vaccination for kids to help them fight different diseases also got affected due to the Enhanced Community Quarantine.
- The news team of ABS-CBN Naga was stopped at the checkpoint and was not allowed to enter the Municipality of Basud.
- Several residents in the mountainous part of Butuan City are saddened after ABS-CBN went off-air.
- Philippine veteran film director Peque Gallaga passed away at age 76 due to pneumonia.
- Kapamilya stars vented out their anger and dismay on NTC order.
- A woman who pimped herself and two others including one minor got arrested.
- The Group of students condemns the order to close ABS-CBN.
- Many senior citizens who are avid viewers of ABS-CBN are saddened and dismayed as ABS-CBN signed off from the airwaves.
- Hagonoy mayor along with barangay chairman was summoned by the NBI for alleged corruption in SAP cash aid distribution.
- Residents of Brgy. 159 in Tondo, Manila is saddened and dismayed as ABS-CBN went off-air.
- ABS-CBN’s ‘Pantawid ng Pag-ibig’ program continues despite the said network went off-air.
- Mayor Richard Gomez is hoping that the shutdown of ABS-CBN is only temporary.
- ‘Corona Bread’ being sold by mothers in Nagcarlan is popular with residents.
- TV Patrol went trending online where more than 200,000 netizens followed despite not being broadcast on Channel 2.
- Barangay Addition Hills undergo a one-week total lockdown.
- Social distancing to be implemented in MRT, LRT, and PNR once operation resumes.
- Officials and several employees of ABS-CBN unite during the last production of ABS-CBN before it went off-air.
The news program is hosted by Ted Failon, Noli De Castro, and Bernadette Sembrano. TV Patrol is one of the popular Philippine television newscast programs in the evening which also has a simulcast broadcast on digital and cable channel DZMM TeleRadyo.
TV Patrol first went on air on March 2, 1987 and is currently the nation’s longest-running Filipino language news program.