Here is the May 8, 2020 (Friday) edition of ABS-CBN News, TV Patrol.
Here is some of the latest news featured in tonight’s episode.
- Several repatriated OFWs who undergone 14-day quarantine are currently stranded.
- A person with mental illness who violated quarantine protocol was seen in a CCTV footage got punched and kicked by a man in uniform.
- 120 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 recorded today.
- The public is warned not to be complacent once lockdown got lifted as the next round of COVID-19 spread is possible.
- Barangay Mauway one-week total lockdown is being finalized.
- Teachers of Juan C. Laya High School got serenaded by their students.
- Overloading is the usual reason for brownout according to Meralco.
- Meralco’s overall rate is expected to decrease this month of May.
- Extreme hot temperatures brought by summer and the rise of water demand were the factors why there’s water interruption.
- Kapamilya fanatics in provinces are saddened at asking where they will get the latest news.
- Youth groups staged a flash protest in U.P. to condemn ABS-CBN shutdown.
- The news team of ABS-CBN got blocked in checkpoint despite showing media ID.
- LTGEN Eleazar reiterated that employees of ABS-CBN remain “Authorized Persons Outside Residence”.
- DZMM is full of emotion before they temporarily go off-air.
- PDA has doubts when the Dental Clinic operation resumes its operation the moment General Community Quarantine is declared.
- Goods which are cheaper compared to its prices in markets were brought by BFAR in South Cembo.
- Farmers affected by the Enhanced Community Quarantine received relief goods.
- Several Kapamilya viewers are happy knowing that they can watch TV Patrol again.
- Food delivery raiders and TNVS drivers flocked to DSWD to get cash aid under SAP.
- Barbers and parlor beauticians making ways to make a living while under Enhanced Community Quarantine.
- The resumption of ABS-CBN shows in TV Plus was considered by several mothers as an early Mother’s Day gift.
- Filipinos died due to COVID-19 in Dubai is now at 23.
- Several Filipinos are stranded in Incheon Airport after the suspension of international flights in the Philippines.
- Patients stay for a longer time in Hope Facilities as their COVID-19 test result takes time to return.
- Thailanders actors Bright and Win are the latest figures in Filipino fandom.
- ABS-CBN petition against NTC’s Cease and Desist Order will be raffled by the Supreme Court on Monday.
- Netizens went to TikTok and Memes to show their dismay when ABS-CBN went off-air.
The news program is hosted by Ted Failon, Noli De Castro, and Bernadette Sembrano. TV Patrol is one of the popular Philippine television newscast programs in the evening which also has a simulcast broadcast on digital and cable channel DZMM TeleRadyo.
TV Patrol first went on air on March 2, 1987 and is currently the nation’s longest-running Filipino language news program.