Here is the May 20, 2020 (Wednesday) edition of ABS-CBN News, TV Patrol.
Note: Live streaming starts at 6:00 PM (PHI time). Refresh this window on the said time to watch the video.
Here are some of the latest news featured in tonight’s episode.
- A much stricter ECQ may be implemented once again in several areas in the country if there’s a continuous increase in COVID-19 cases according to President Duterte.
- IATF studies to lower to the barangay level the implementation of community quarantine.
- Close to 200 barangay officials are being investigated by the PNP on the alleged anomaly in SAP distribution.
- Ten streets in Baclaran will be under the calibrated lockdown starting tomorrow morning until Saturday.
- President Duterte defended NCRPO Chief Sinas who lately received criticism.
- Man who supposed to buy fish got arrested and jailed for 11 days for not having an identification card and travel pass.
- Marco Polo Hotel in Davao City will stop its operation on June 15.
- Employees of the Marco Polo Hotel in Davao City will receive appropriate benefits.
- Employees from the hotel industry are concerned about their source of income.
- The family of Sylvia Sanchez went stronger after the trials of COVID-19.
- Some residents beg for money in the middle of the street after their cash assistance received from the government are now depleted.
- Some residents of Brgy. Simpokan in Puerto Princesa is saddened for the absence of ABS-CBN in the airwaves.
- A man got arrested for using fake cheque for him to purchase a luxury watch.
- Former senator Jinggoy Estrada is firm in his stand that he didn’t violate the quarantine guidelines during his relief goods distribution in San Juan City.
- Some OFWs who returned back to the country have stayed one month in a certain hotel while waiting for his COVID-19 test result.
- The government admits having a problem with the huge number of OFWs who returned back in the country.
- Residents in Eastern Samar are facing problems due to the damages to vegetables and fruits left by the typhoon.
- More than 800 residents in Oras, Eastern Samar received relief goods.
- Motorists who violated quarantine protocol were chased by the PNP-HPG.
- The largest swabbing center in the country will possibly open in the next two to three weeks.
- Approximately 100 beneficiaries bound to Leyte are among the first batch of ‘Balik-Probinsya, Bagong Pagasa’ program.
- Pharmaceutical company targets to make a vaccine against COVID-19 within 18-24 months.
- Senator Cynthia Villar apologized and clarified that she has no intention to underestimate the middle-income earners.
The news program is hosted by Ted Failon, Noli De Castro, and Bernadette Sembrano. TV Patrol is one of the popular Philippine television newscast programs in the evening which also has a simulcast broadcast on digital and cable channel DZMM TeleRadyo.
TV Patrol first went on air on March 2, 1987 and is currently the nation’s longest-running Filipino language news program.