2-Year-Old Kid, Dead After Being Electrocuted When He Inserted Spoon Into An Extension Cord

A two-year-old boy died in Quezon City on Friday after being electrocuted after inserting a spoon into the extension cord.

The victim was identified as Jake Angara, who only had his birthday on February 7.

According to the child’s mother Eloisa Acay Angara, the child asked for milk so she mixed it.

He said he put the spoon in the high pouch so that the child could not reach it.

“Nu’ng time na bubuksan ko na ‘yung ano, ‘yung pintuan, may pumutok. Kinabahan ako, pero akala ko may nalaglag lang,” said Eloisa.

“Napasigaw ang asawa ko. Ang sabi niya, ‘Bem, si Jake, na-ground!'” she added.

Jake reached for the spoon and plugged it into the extension cord.

They immediately rushed the boy to the hospital where he tried to revive but eventually he died.

“Sana hindi ko na lang siya iniwan. Sana hinawakan ko na lang siya. Sana inalagaan ko na lang siya sa baba,” said Eloisa.

Jake is said to be tender, obedient and intelligent, the story of his relatives.

According to Joe Zaldarriaga, spokesperson of Meralco, it is dangerous to insert anything into the extension cord or power outlet.

“Maaari talagang maaksidente pag iyan ay kinalikot o mayroong object na baka na-insert o kaya iyong daliri inilagay mismo doon sa opening ng outlet,” said Zaldarriaga.

“Kung maaari po siguro to make sure na safe po iyan, ilayo po natin yung ating mga anak na maliit doon sa access ng mga outlet,” he added.

It is said that it is good to remove the extension cord immediately after use. Safety devices are also available to cover electrical outlets.

“Make sure this is of high quality and consult an electrician before you do anything related to electrical safety in your homes,” added Zaldarriaga.

Jake’s family is asking for financial help for his funeral.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *